Established in 1988, the EFCI (European Federation of Cleaning Industries, in French ‘Fédération Européenne du Nettoyage Industriel’) unifies the representative national professional organisations of the cleaning industry.
The EFCI is the privileged interlocutor of the European Institutions regarding all questions related to the industry.
Its fundamental missions are the following:
- Ensure the continuous monitoring of the activities of the European Institutions and the taking into account of the cleaning contractors’ interests in the frame of the elaboration of European policies and legislative texts (directives, regulations, etc.) that are of particular interest for the industry;
- Promote the development of professionalism;
- Ensure a better recognition of the profession and improve its image towards the interested public.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Executive Director are:
- Monitor and analyse new and pending EU legislation relating to the cleaning industry, representing the sector in consultation procedures, defend and promote the views of EFCI;
- Follow-up and consult on all relevant political, social, economic and legal developments affecting the cleaning industry;
- Support and enhance the interests and the image of the cleaning industry and propose, develop and implement the necessary communication tools according to the guidelines of the ‘Bureau’ and the board of directors;
- Propose and implement the strategy and initiatives according to the guidelines of the ‘Bureau’ and the board of directors;
- Inform and consult with the members of EFCI regularly on developments at European level and about the actions of EFCI, according to the guidelines of the ‘Bureau’ and the board of directors;
- Propose, develop and support common projects and actions of members of EFCI, according to the guidelines of the ‘Bureau’ and the board of directors;
- Build and maintain a network of relevant contacts at the appropriate level within the European institutions and related organizations;
- Participate in the activities and meetings in the framework of the European Social Dialogue according to the guidelines and the mandate of the ‘Bureau’ and the board of directors;
- Maintain and develop good relations with the members of EFCI and organize the international meetings;
- Manage the secretariat, the (small) team and the daily operations of EFCI according to the guidelines of the Treasurer and the ‘Bureau’.
You will be offered challenging work that you will organize autonomously. You will be offered a motivating and attractive fee in accordance with your seniority and experience.